Monday, January 28, 2013

choose joy

Choose Joy: Because Happiness Isn't Enough

Ever wonder why some people seem to experience deep and authentic joy in their daily lives--even in the tough times--and others can't seem to find it no matter how hard they search? Is a joy-filled life really possible?

The answer is yes! And it's possible for every woman, no matter what her circumstances may be. In this inspiring book, Kay Warren teaches women what joy really is, where to find it, and how to choose it in the good times and the bad. With compassion and wisdom, she shows readers--even those who live with the constant companions of discouragement and depression--that true joy is deeper, richer, and more accessible than they might think. Perfect for small groups or individual reading, Choose Joy will empower women who feel like their emotions and well-being are at the mercy of others by helping them understand the life-giving truth that joy is within their grasp--every day. {quote from amazon.com}



I will be attending a 4 week DVD series at Venice Presbyterian Church where Kay Warren will discuss having deeper, richer, more stable and accessible joy. I am a pretty shy person so interacting with 40 new women will be a stretch for me but I am hoping to learn and grow along with them.



6 comments:

Holly said...

I'm excited to hear how this goes for you. Sounds very inspiring, let us know.

Pondside said...

I look forward to hearing about this. I've been looking for a new bedside book and wonder if this could be it. I'm on the mainland this week and there are some good bookstores nearby so I'll have a look. Thank you for the recommendation.

Crickit said...

This sounds like a great study! :)

Just a little something from Judy said...

I am sure you will be blessed by this study. I hope you might share some of what you are learning.

amanda + daniel said...

This sounds like a really good book. I wish I could go to the women's group with you!

Debbie said...

and I wish I could go to the group with you. Maybe I'll get a copy of the book and you and I can discuss it when we come to visit.I'm thinking right afer the morning crossword.Have fun in this group.I bet you'll make some more good new friends. . debbie