Thursday, July 28, 2011

hair styler

This hair designer/dryer let's me straighten and dry at the same time!


infiniti hair designer by conair {model bc173}

My hair is fine & thick with some natural curl wave and quite a bit of frizz, especially in moisture. This is a 3 in 1 one tool that really does cut styling time in half. It has now replaced my hair dryer, round brush, & flat iron. It's so nice not to have to blow dry with a brush & then straighten with a flat iron. It makes your hair shiny and straight in one step. The built in brush is easier to use than holding a brush separately in your other hand. I used the styler on the hot setting, when my hair was damp. Not only does it leave my hair straight, it gives it a decent amount of body and bounce.

Place the dryer at the root of one 2-3 inch section, leave it there for 2 seconds, then slide slowly to the ends. At the ends turn the dryer a bit to get nice looking ends. I do this process at several times on each section, depending how dry my hair is to start with.

On really humid days I use a humidity resistant smoothing creme before drying. Wonder if this would work on my return trip to Cambodia {where my hair was wild every day}?

Some reviews said it overheated but I have used it for two weeks now and not had that problem. Just saying . . .


I bought one of these to see what it was like...and actually just bought a 2nd one that's still in the box! I don't want to be without one so now I have a spare.

I have seen this product online for $30+ but it was $19.99 at our local Wegman's.

12 comments:

Holly said...

Hey, it's worth a try. Now that my hair is shorter, I think I'll pick one of these up. So much easier than the round brush. Thanks for the tip.

Beth said...

HOw about a before and after picture? Thanks for the review!

Debbie said...

I will pass this tidbit along to my hair straightening niece!

Crickit said...

I think this is a great idea. I use a straightening iron on my hair a lot. I have thick and somewhat wavy hair. This would take care of all of my hair "woes"!

Thanks for Sharing!

Pondside said...

What a great idea. I haven't seen anything like that up here, but I have a trip across the border planned in August and will look then. I am so tired of the round brush and the blow dryer.

Christine said...

Does it take a long time for your hair to dry with this? Or is it like a hair dryer?
I'm always in a hurry and need something quick.

By the way, what did you decide to do with your hair color? Are you going natural?

Julie Harward said...

Very cool...wish I had natural curly hair to straighten! ;D

Debbie said...

I'm getting one of these. .at Wegmans too for 20 bucks. . . maybe I'll be able to capture that just came from the hairdresser look.I need all the help I can get. . Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a product I might like. Thanks for sharing about it.

Kerri said...

I have thick and curly hair that I blow out everyday...such a pain. I wonder if this would work on my hair?! For 20 bucks, it's worth a try!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog about bird bottles!

My hair sounds very much like yours and I have always "dreamed" of something like this. I'm going to shop for one today - thanks!

practicallyperfect89@facebook.com said...

love this, first one i bought, i paid over 60 dollars for it, and i found one for 2 bux at a market. lovely styling tool.