Wednesday, June 18, 2014

smithsonian channel

The Smithsonian Channel is my new favorite go-to network for TV watching.
When we sit down for lunch each day we “watch a show” that we have DVR’d.
Often we watch Jeopardy but lately we are enjoying The Smithsonian Channel.
I love all of these shows and as a bonus have learned a bit more about our world.


Some favorites that we recently watched are:
The Day Kennedy Died
Aerial American {Florida}
A Star-Spangled Story: Battle for America
Air Disasters {Grand Canyon}
Picturing the Presidents: Portrait Gallery
Polar Bear: Living on Thin Ice
America's Greatest Monuments

So many shows to choose from . . .


Somehow they remind me of “movie day” when I was in elementary school. We used to bring three classes together and watch a documentary type film related {or not} to something we were studying. It always made Fridays more fun.

photo credit: allposters.com

A true confession: 
During the movies in sixth grade I used to sneakily 
hold hands with a handsome young lad named Dale.


5 comments:

Kris said...

Holding hands in the dark!!!!! I had to smile at that!!!
I will have to look for that channel. We would love it. We watch Jeopardy every night!
XO Kris

Christine said...

I LOVED movie day at school but it wasn't because of a "Dale",(hee hee)

Lately, our TV has been World Cup, non-stop! I would love to watch something else, like the Smithsonian Channel. I'd even watch re-runs of, well, anything!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I appreciate your introduction to this channel. As I read the list, I thought to myself, that we would enjoy everyone of those documentaries. My son-in-law just introduced us to the "Destination Travel" channel too.

We did not have movie day at our school. I am still smiling though, at your admitting your fun memory.

Nancy Jo said...


I watch that channel sometimes to0, That and PBS have the best programs.
Nancy Jo

Stacey said...

Ha ha. We watch Gunsmoke at lunch. :) Maybe we should grow our minds a little and switch to the Smithsonian channel.