Thursday, October 3, 2013

beer cheese soup

Since autumn's arrival
we have returned to our Soup Sunday routine.
Here is our first of the season . . . .

Beer Cheese Soup



3 stalks celery chopped
1 small onion chopped
2 Tbls butter

2 cans cream of celery soup
12 oz beer
15 oz shredded cheddar cheese (4 cups)
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 tsp paprika

croutons (optional)

Pace butter, celery and onion in slow cooker. Cook on high for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally until soft.

Place rest of ingredients in slow cooker except croutons. Cover and cook on high 2 hours stirring occasionally.

Top with croutons before serving.

7 comments:

lindsey said...

Yum. Ive never made soup in the slow cooker before but I think I will give it a try

Kris said...

Interesting!!! I am going to try this! I love to make beer bread in the winter too. Do you make it? So easy! So good!
xo Kris

Christine said...

Mmmmmm...
The soup looks delicious.
I could eat those croutons, even without the sou. When I read how much cheese is in it, you got me!!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, this would be a great recipe to make for my daughter and her boyfriend. He brews his own beer and I think he would like this :)

Pondside said...

This sounds just delicious! I'll bet it would make the entire house smell wonderful on a fall day.

Just a little something from Judy said...

On this cool, rainy day, this would be a good way to warm up. This sounds delicious! Thank you!

Crickit said...

Ok... this looks absolutely delicious! Thank goodness for Autumns arrival!