Sunday, July 15, 2012

the light of day

Never try to solve problems at night . . .


The best advice my father ever gave was passed down from his dad: Never try to solve problems at night, because they always seem worse than they do in the morning. Though I sometimes lack the self-control to follow this sage suggestion, I’ve learned over the years that it’s true. Darkness can make even the smallest obstacle seem insurmountable.
{Laura Sinrod - New York, New York}

From a June 2011 Real Simple magazine

I find this to be SO true. How about you?

11 comments:

Ali said...

It is so true! Even waiting just a few hours can help get more perspective :)

Ali

Pokey said...

Amen!
"Hold on, my child; joy comes in the morning, weeping only lasts for the night.
Hold on, my child; joy comes in the morning! The darkest hour means dawn is just in sight."
:-}pokey

Christine said...

I grew up with monsters and the boogy man under the bed.
Didn't know God's word back then.
God is good!

Pondside said...

That is so true - many a good sleep has been ruined by worry over a problem that would have been best left to daylight.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Maybe that is where the term "Just sleep on it" comes from.
Because that is what I grew up hearing. That and...
don't worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough troubles of it's own.

take care, Pat

Kris said...

Absolutely true!!
I got my egg dish at Anthropologie!
: ) Kris

Linda said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...and for your kind comments...
I believe it is true, that things don't always look so bad in the morning...

Cheers!
Linda :o)

Betsy Brock said...

Oh yes. Letting a little time pass and looking at it with fresh eyes and mind can make a lot of difference!

Robyn said...

It is very true.. Somehow the darkness always seems to make everything feel worse than it is..
Robyn

Anonymous said...

My husband seems to face this more than I do. I know a big part of that is that he's so tired from work at the end of the day.

dee dee said...

Great advise!
dee dee