Saturday, April 16, 2011

easter bonnets

I have posted this recipe before but with
Easter just around the corner I made them again.


Perfect Sugar Cookies
22 bonnets

Ingredients:
3/4 c. butter, softened
1 pkg (3 oz.) cream cheese softened
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. powdered sugar (2 oz / 1113 g)
1 egg
1 tsp. almond extract
2 3/4 c. flour (11.7 oz / 330 g)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cream butter, cream cheese and sugars in large bowl until fluffy.
3. Add egg and almond extract beat until smooth.
4. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Stir until soft dough forms. Chill
6. Roll out and cut with cookie cutter. Thin dough will make crunchy cookies.
For soft dough, it needs to be about 1/4 in.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes on parchment-lined cookie sheet.

 Frosting:
2 Tbsp butter (softened)
2 1/4 c powdered sugar (9 oz / 255 g)
1/4 c milk (a little at a time until right consistency)
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
sprinkles
food coloring (optional)

Add milk a little at a time, beating until smooth and thin enough to spread.


This recipe makes the best cutout cookies I've
ever made and is totally stolen borrowed from
Lil’Luna all things good

12 comments:

Judy@judyfriendphotography.com said...

Just in time for my morning cup of coffee. They look so yummy. I will have to search for my mother in laws recipe to see if they are similar. I don't think they are as I do not recall her using cream cheese, which I love. I will certainly have to give these a try, minus the fancy decoration! Enjoy...Jude

Beth said...

They look too pretty to eat! (But I still would!)

Christine said...

There is something so special about Easter Hats, even when they are cookies.

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, how very Easter-ish! Adorable!

Kerri said...

These are adorable! I need a good sugar cookie recipe- thanks!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Sooooo CUTE!

Ali said...

Very cute!! I will have to make some Easter Bonnets with my cutouts!

Crickit said...

These are adorable! They look delicious too!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Cute and perfect with a cup of tea.

Holly said...

I very rarely make "cut-out" cookies but since you say it's the best, I think I'll try this one. I have a cute flower cookie cutter just waiting for me. Thanks for the recipe.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

These cookies couldn't be prettier! I am afraid I am running out of time to make these with our visiting granddaughters this time but I will certainly set this idea aside for another visit. They would be sweet for a birthday party too! :)

Debbie said...

I love these! I'm just dying to make them this week. So cute.