Friday, December 10, 2010

twenty-nine

Happy Birthday Amanda


Phnom Penh, Cambodia
32 weeks

This is my child with mission in her heart and an amazing depth of spirit. She strives to make the world a better place and understands the joys of ordinary life. She is an amazing, intelligent, thoughtful woman. When she, my first-born, joined our family my life changed forever.

We look forward to meeting her in Bangkok, Thailand in February to welcome the new baby. Being the mother of a mother will be a welcome journey and a true blessing.

Now she is about to become a mother herself - I pray for her to have a joyful life. I hope she knows how much she is loved.

12 comments:

Diana Ferguson said...

She's so cute!
I'm hoping by February or March my brother will be here from Phnom Penh.

Hoosier at Heart said...

That is so exciting! Hope she has a wonderful birthday. She's just beautiful, I can see why you're so proud of her.

Christine said...

You have so much going on right now. Take it all in.
Has Amanda recieved her "care package" yet? I know it takes hours to fly there.

Happy Birthday Amanda! I'm praying for a safe and happy birth for you and your baby.

amanda + daniel said...

thanks for the birthday wishes, mom! i'm looking forward to seeing you in bangkok too. :)

Crickit said...

Happy Birthday to Amanda! I share in your excitment with you as you get ready to welcome your first grandchild. February is not too far off now!

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

WOW! Your first grandbaby... can't wait to hear more about this bundle of joy!

Judy@judyfriendphotography.com said...

Happy Birthday! What a very exciting time in your life! Jude

Beth said...

Many happy birthday wishes for Amanda, but also for you... she may get all the glory, but you did all the hard work. Best of luck to her as she becomes a mom soon too!

cathleen said...

What a lovely daughter you have. There is nothing like a new grandchild.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Your tribute to Amanda was so thoughtful. She must have had a wonderful family to support her heart through her years. Beauty on the inside and the outside is a real treasure in a person. Wishing her the best in her next few months.

Susan said...

Such a beautiful tribute to a beautiful daughter. Happy Birthday, Amanda!
There is nothing like having a grandchild! Joy beyond measure! Just you wait and see!
Many blessings!

Kimmy said...

This made me cry. Your daughter is so beautiful and very blessed to have wonderful parents. Your life and her life are about to change for the better. For me I think now knowing what my mom went through has drawn us closer.