Thursday, December 2, 2010

gDiapers

The last time I bought diapers was twenty-one years ago.
Now with a grandbaby on the way (in Cambodia),
I am learning about the "new way" to diaper babies ~ gDiapers.





The most eco-friendly diaper available, gDiapers provides parents with a diapering solution that is good for babies, parents and the planet. You can have the flexibility of a disposable diaper with a 100% biodegradable gRefill, or opt for reusability with super soft and trim-fitting gCloth inserts. gDiapers are plastic-free, elemental chlorine free, latex free, and perfume free.



Use a biodegradable gRefill or re-usable gCloth inside our newborn tiny gPants and our cotton little gPants. All materials are breathable so babies are far less likely to get diaper rash.


Looks like a shower cap to me.

It seems like more arrive each week as Amanda
buys them from ebay and other online sources.


I must admit, they are pretty cute.


Here are the funky little inserts.

So . . . today her dad mailed them off to Cambodia
along with gator aid for the VERY thirsty mom-to-be.



I am curious if you have you ever used
gDiapers or have an opinion about them?

9 comments:

Christine said...

Never heard of them!
Must tell Kimmy about this cute new gizmos.
Shower Cap...that's funny!

Crickit said...

Mary-

Several young mom's who attend my church have switched over to cloth diapers with covers like these. I don't know if it is the exactly the SAME brand but they are loving them. It seems to be the new craze these days...especially for babies who get a lot of diaper rashes. Hope this helps some! :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2010/09/23/gwhiz-gdiapers-101-why-im-a-gmum/

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2010/09/26/gwhiz-gdiapers-101-the-anatomy-of-a-gdiaper/

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2010/10/05/gwhiz-gdiapers-101-my-changing-station-and-procedures/

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2010/10/19/gwhiz-gdiapers-101-tiny-gpants-details/

Wendy said...

Aren't they the cutest diaper! I haven't heard of them, but I am going to share it with my childbirth educator friends :)
Wendy

Beth said...

Well, they are adorable, but I'm glad it was just disposable when I had my babies...I know I would have felt guilty every time I threw away a disposable knowing there was another option, but they're just so much easier than washing all those diapers. I know. I am not green with this opinion. Aren't you sweet to send her all of those things!

dee dee said...

How cute, my kids are way out of these... but I'm wondering if they make them for older adults, might be a great alternative to "depends"! (For Grandma of course)
Dee Dee

amanda + daniel said...

I'm not sure which I am looking forward to more - cute diapers or gatorade!

Diana Ferguson said...

I am always amazed at the creations of others!

Just a little something from Judy said...

My one daughter is a nurse and she said some of the mothers are now back to using cloth diapers again. I was not aware of these diapers. I think it is so nice of you both to send them to your daughter. Thanks for telling us about the diapers.