Monday, December 13, 2010

blog friend

I have a blogging friend that I have never met but feel I know very well. We are faithful followers of each other's blogs and have many things in common

~ we were born in the same month (same year)
~ we were married in the same year
~ we are christians
~ we work in a public school
~ our daughters were married on the exact same day, both near Seattle, WA
~ we have grand-babies due in early 2011
~ we have a married son and fun daughter-in-law
~ we love to decorate, sew, cook and spend time with our families
~ our husbands each have a blog that they rarely update
~ I am going to Thailand in February, her son was recently there

I have come upon many blogs that I now faithfully read through the comments you have left on her blog and have enjoyed getting to know you too.

Over the past year we have surprised each other with a package or two.
I want to show you my latest gift from this generous friend.













How fun that I got to wear it today when I
made my first batch of Christmas cookies.

Thank you Christine for your kindness
and for keeping us "connected".
vista woman

11 comments:

Judy@judyfriendphotography.com said...

Isn't is amazing the friends you come across in the most unusual places. What a great gift in so many ways. Jude

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

I love it... {she} is a wonderful blogging friend to me, too. Although we've never met.

And, so are you. :)

dee dee said...

surprises are the best! i love the apron she made for you. dee dee

Christine said...

Mary...yes, we hava a lot in common. You on one side of the country and me on the other.
Do you have a lost sister? It might just be me!

Holly said...

What a blessing....and I just love that apron.

Crickit said...

Wow! You two really do have a lot in common. It amazes me to see how a friendship can start from one blogger to another, not even meeting eachother in person, but having so much in common that it draws two people together. What a beautiful apron. God has certainly blessed the friendship that you have with Christine :)

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I love it!! What a blessing to find friends in unlikely places. Christine is a blessing, as are you.

Betsy Brock said...

Awww...I just KNEW it was Christine as I read through the clues! :)

That apron is just adorable! And happy birthday to you! xo

Diana Ferguson said...

Blessings for sure!!!

Wendy said...

What a beautiful apron and surprise! Reading through your list I can see why she is so special to you! Wonderful post :)
Happy Baking,
Wendy

Just a little something from Judy said...

I find this list so amazing, along with the fact that you never met each other in person. I never met either one of you but I have come to appreciate both of you and your blogs. What a fun world this blogging one is. The apron is beautiful! I always like black and white.