Sunday, October 17, 2010

toffee pecan apple crisp

I have made this recipe many times this apple season.
It is adapted from a recipe posted by
Diana on To Everything a Season

Toffee Pecan Apple Crisp



6 apples, peeled and diced (I used Golden Delicious)

8 oz. pkg Bits 'O Brickle Toffee Bits
(or 12 oz. pkg Butterscotch Chips)
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup flour
½ tsp cinnamon

1 c. chopped pecans (or walnuts)

½ c. flour
½ c. brown sugar
4 T. softened butter
¾ c. oats



Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
I used a glass pan so I baked it at 350 degrees
Coat a 9x13 pan with baking spray

Place the apples in the 9 x 13 dish.
Combine the chips, ¼ cup sugar, flour, cinnamon
Sprinkle over the apples and bake for 20 minutes


shown with butterscotch chips

While this is baking, prepare the topping.

Topping . . .
½ c. flour
½ c. brown sugar
4 T. softened butter
¾ c. oats

1 c. chopped pecans (or walnuts)

Sprinkle the nuts on the apple mixture.
Sprinkle the topping on top of the nuts.
Bake for approximately 30 minutes until apples are tender.

My family thanks you Diana!

11 comments:

Wendy said...

This sounds so good! We are going to give it a try, will be perfect for dessert tonight :)
Wendy

holly said...

That looks amazingly yummy! I wish I had all the ingredients on hand, I'd make it right now and eat it for breakfast! There's fruit in there so it's gotta be healthy, right?

Christine said...

OK, you got me with that last picture!
I agree with Holly, it would be great for breakfast.

Betsy Brock said...

Mmmm...my mouth is watering! I can almost smell that through my screen! LOL! Writing butterscotch chips on my grocery list right now!

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

I'll have to try this one, now too.

dee dee said...

Oh boy and my diet starts tomorrow! This sounds delightfully yummy!
Dee Dee

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I so miss eating things like this. I can splurge once a week, and this looks worth splurging for. :)

Debbie said...

looks delicious. Add me to the list of people making this yummy dish. DP

Beth said...

Oh my goodness...now I know what to do with all those apples! Thank you so much for this delicious sounding recipe!

Diana Ferguson said...

Well, you are welcome! And I will try this version as well. Just can't get enough........

rebecca said...

oh my,this sounds delicious! thanks so much for stopping by my blog. :)