Perfect Soft Sugar Cookies
3 dozen 2” circles or 2 dozen cutouts
3/4 c. butter, softened
1 pkg (3 oz.) cream cheese softened
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. almond extract
2 3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cream butter, cream cheese and sugars in large bowl until fluffy.
3. Add egg and almond extract beat until smooth.
4. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Stir until soft dough forms.
6. Roll out and cut with cookie cutter. Thin dough will make crunchy cookies.
For soft dough, it needs to be about 3/8 in.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
2 Tbsp butter (softened)
2 1/4 c powdered sugar
1/4 c milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
food coloring (optional)
Add milk a little at a time, beating until smooth and thin enough to spread.