Friday, October 26, 2012

beet skewers

For our weekly "Wine on Wednesday" gatherings I am always looking for unique hors d'oeuvres.
This week we enjoyed . . .

Beet Skewers

Ingredients
8 ounces soft fresh mozzarella cheese
1 can whole baby beets
1 can whole hearts of palm
skewers (or toothpicks)
balsamic vinegar spray
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
Arugula (optional)



Directions
1. Cut the mozzarella cheese and hearts of palm into bite size pieces. Slice beets in quarters.
2. Place 1 piece of hearts of palm, 1 piece of beet, and 1 piece cheese on each skewer.
3. Arrange skewers on a bed of arugula and spray with balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with dill weed.

The original recipe used goat cheese but I thought it would be a little too soft.

6 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

These sure are unique. My husband loves beets. These are so interesting I can't wait to make them :)

Kris said...

How interesting this is! I can't wait to give it a try!
xo Kris

Crickit said...

My hubby loves beets! I can't wait to show him this recipe... I am sure he will want to try it! :)

dee dee said...

Oh Mary... what is heart of palm? I've never seen balsamic spray before... I would love this on my salad! Wish I liked beets!
Dee Dee

Pondside said...

I'll bet the flavours all go together wonderfully. I could make a meal from appetisers!

Linda said...

They do look good..and I love beets..
Perhaps the goat cheese would be ok...if rolled into a ball??
Might just try that!!

Cheers!
Linda :o)