Garlicky Beef Stir-Fry
4 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
8 teaspoons minced garlic
4 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
1 (12-oz.) sirloin steak, thinly sliced across the grain
1/2 pound fresh or frozen green beans
1 red bell pepper, cut into ¼ inch-wide strips
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into ¼ inch-wide strips
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3 cups cooked brown rice
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in 3 Tbsp. oil.
Add steak and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
2. Transfer steak to a wok or large frying pan, reserving marinade.
Stir-fry steak in 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat 1-2 minutes or until browned.
3. Remove steak and set aside.
Add beans and bell peppers to the pan and stir-fry 3-5 minutes.
4. Whisk cornstarch into reserved marinade. Stir cornstarch mixture into vegetable mixture.
Stir-fry 30 seconds or until sauce thickens.
5. Stir steak into vegetable mixture, and stir-fry 30 seconds.
6. Remove from heat, and serve over rice.
Adapted from a recipe in February 2015 Southern Living