Friday, September 17, 2010

cheeseburger soup



Cheeseburger Soup
Serves 6-8

1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 of a white onion, diced
5 cups chicken broth
2 small garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 stalks celery chopped
2 potatoes (not peeled) cut into cubes
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
16 oz Velveeta, cubed (to add later)
Tabasco sauce, optional

Brown the meat on the stove top with the onion, and drain fat.

In a 5-6 quart crockpot, pour in chicken broth. Add garlic, bell pepper, celery, potatoes and spices. Stir in the browned meat and onion.

Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Stir in Velveeta 30 minutes before serving.

Garnish with Tabasco sauce if desired.



adapted from a recipe found on A Year of Slow Cooking

9 comments:

Diana Ferguson said...

I love this one! Thanks for reminding me about it....

Christine said...

OK! You got me at crockpot!
You always have the best recipes. One of our favorites from you is the lemon chicken - wow!
So, I excited to try this.

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

Sounds yummy...

Beth said...

Oh, I will have to give this one a try!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I can almost smell it from here!

Betsy Brock said...

yum...I'm going to try this! it is FINALLY soup weather! :)

Crickit said...

Yay for NEW soup recipes... thanks for sharing Mary! :)

Kerri said...

This sounds so delish...especially w/ the tobasco on top! I love trying new soups...thanks for the recipe!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I will be back for this recipe. It will be a hit with my family for sure. Thanks for sharing.